Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Chinese Sausage with Basil



Chinese Sausage with Basil Posted by Hello

Our neighbor came over with a bunch of fresh basil from her garden so don't be surprised when you see a lot of basil in my dishes these following days, starting with clams with basil, here's another one: Chinese Sausage with Basil. The Chinese sausage that I'm using here is made from pork (with a good amount of fat in it) and the texture is something similar to longganiza as opposed to the dried Chinese sausage that we commonly have in the Philippines.


To cook the sausage, I first boiled it. My sister-in-law once told me to fry it whole then slice into serving pieces but I prefer the insides to be browned as well. So after boiling, slice the sausage it into serving portions (about half an inch long). Heat wok, saute garlic in olive oil until fragrant, then add the sausage, and stir-fry until browned, the basil is added last. Dish out at once and serve.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kindly tell us the brand name of this chinese sausage

nice said...

no brand name it's generic!!!(from the wet market, hehehe)