Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Chunky Beef Spaghetti


Chunky Beef Spaghetti Posted by Hello

I actually cooked this last week (or the other?) but didn't have time to post it. My son "ordered" spaghetti for lunch. A friend of mine came over that morning to confer with me on a project for the Women's Club here, so I didn't have much time to prepare for lunch. I didn't have any ground beef but I still had some of that beef shank which I had already simmered so that's how I came up wth this recipe.

Here's how I did it:








Heat wok, saute garlic, onions and tomatoes in olive oil. Add mushrooms, and stir-fry for a few minutes (you can add a little bit of butter in sauteing canned mushrooms, I think that gives it a special flavor) Add beef (shank plus a little bit of tendon). Then I added tomato ketchup and tomato juice with a little bit of beef broth. Tomato sauce is not available here, what they do have is spaghetti sauce which I didn't have naman, so lucky for me that I still had some tomato juice (my husband's favorite!). I added a bit of sugar for that special Filipino touch. Simmer. Top over pasta and serve.



No comments: